The experiments continue! I thought I’d take a before and after photo today so that I can see how the original stacked glass ended up. What I like about this is that you just never know, until you lift the lid off the kiln once it’s cooled, as to what you’ll find underneath. The bottom one of the two reminds me of a cats eye!
My firing schedule in my 800 watt microwave for these was;
- 5 mins on medium, quick check to see everything is still in place etc
- 5 mins on medium, quick check to see what stage it’s at, usually tacked together
- Final 3 mins on medium.
- Leave to cool in the microwave for 30 mins
- Remove from microwave and let cool for a further 10 mins
- Remove the lid of the kiln and leave to cool for at least another 15 mins